Reuse, reduce, recycle. Every day our employees help us honor our commitment to environmental responsibility.
We are all in this together when it comes to taking care of the environment. While our environmental footprint is smaller in scale than many companies, we are mindful in our efforts to be responsive and adaptable to environmental choices that will benefit our members, employees and communities.
Over the past several years we have implemented programs and systems in our buildings and grounds to demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental responsibility. Some of these programs include:
- Use of high-efficiency fluorescent light bulbs for office lighting
- Recycle used fluorescent light bulbs
- Recycle wood shipping pallets
- Use green cleaning products
- Use automation technology for building heating, air conditioning and office lighting to ensure high energy efficiency
- Recycle aluminum cans and plastic bottles
- Comprehensive paper recycling program
- Bird collision mitigation programs
In Montana, our new headquarters in Helena supports our environmental commitment with:
- LEED Certification — Silver
- Additional recycling programs that include cardboard, fluorescent lamps and ballasts, and batteries.
- Building design
- Recycling e-Waste
- Using renewable energy
- Saving paper
- Protecting wildlife
- Greening the commute